[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] TABLEAUX 2013 - Call for Papers, Tutorials and Workshops
- To: fm-announcements@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kr@xxxxxx, cade@xxxxxx, dl@xxxxxxxxx, theory-logic@xxxxxxxxxx, appsem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kgs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lfcs-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxx, coq-club@xxxxxxxx, pvs@xxxxxxxxxxx, theorem-provers@xxxxxxxxxx, cl-isabelle-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [PVS] TABLEAUX 2013 - Call for Papers, Tutorials and Workshops
- From: Dominique Larchey-Wendling <dominique.larchey-wendling@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:48:11 +0100
- List-archive: <http://mls.csl.sri.com/cgi-bin/mailman/private/pvs>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: PVS <pvs.csl.sri.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mls.csl.sri.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pvs>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mls.csl.sri.com/cgi-bin/mailman/options/pvs>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: LORIA
- Sender: pvs-bounces+archive=csl.sri.com@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121009 Thunderbird/16.0
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS and WORKSHOPS
22nd International Conference on Automated Reasoning with
Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods
September 16-19, 2013
This conference is the 22nd in a series of international meetings
on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods
and will be held in Nancy, France, in September 16-19, 2013.
See http://tableaux13.loria.fr for more information on TABLEAUX 2013,
and http://i12www.ira.uka.de/TABLEAUX for information about the
TABLEAUX conference series.
TABLEAUX 2013 will be co-located with the 9th International Symposium
on Frontiers of Combining Systems (FroCos 2013) held September 18-20,
2013. A joint invited speaker and a joint session are planned.
Tableaux methods offer a convenient set of formalisms for automating
deduction in various non-standard logics as well as in classical logic.
Areas of application include verification of software and computer
systems, data integration and data access, deductive databases, knowledge
representation and its required inference engines, and system diagnosis.
The conference intends to bring together researchers interested in all
aspects - theoretical foundations, implementation techniques, system
developments and applications - of the mechanization of reasoning with
tableaux and related methods.
Topics of interest include (but are not restricted to):
* proof-theory in classical and non-classical logics (modal,
temporal, description, intuitionistic, substructural, ...)
* analytic tableaux for various logics (theory and applications)
* related techniques and concepts, e.g., model checking and BDDs
* related methods (model elimination, sequent calculi, connection
method, resolution, ...)
* new calculi and methods for theorem proving and verification
in classical and non-classical logics
* systems, tools, implementations and applications (provers,
logical frameworks, model checkers, ...)
* automated deduction and formal methods applied to logic,
mathematics, software development, protocol verification,
TABLEAUX 2013 also welcomes applications of formal methods with automated
reasoning to real world examples. Papers including such applications of
tableaux and related methods in areas such as, for example, hardware and
software verification, knowledge engineering, semantic web, etc. are
particularly invited. They should be tailored for the tableaux community
and should hence focus on the role of reasoning and logical aspects
One or more tutorials will be part of the Conference program.
It is planned that the proceedings of TABLEAUX 2013 will be
published in the Springer LNCS/LNAI Series.
The conference will include contributed papers, tutorials, system
descriptions and invited lectures. Submissions are invited in three
A Research papers (reporting original theoretical and/or
experimental research, up to 15 pages)
B System descriptions (up to 7 pages)
C Tutorials in all areas of analytic tableaux and related
methods from academic research to applications
(proposals up to 5 pages)
Submissions in categories A and B will be reviewed by peers,
typically members of the program committee. They must be
unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere. Accepted
papers in these categories will be published in the conference
proceedings (within the LNAI series of Springer), which will be
available at the conference. For category B submissions a working
implementation must exist and be available to the referees.
Tutorial submissions (Category C) may be at introductory,
intermediate, or advanced levels. Novel topics and topics of broad
interest are preferred. The submission should include the title,
the author, the topic of the tutorial, its level, its relevance to
conference topics, and a description of the interest and the
scientific contents of the proposed tutorial, to be presented in a
time frame of at most 3 hours. Tutorial proposals will be reviewed
by members of the program committee.
For each accepted paper, at least one author is required to
attend the conference to present the paper. Prospective authors
are required to register a title and an abstract a week before
the paper submission deadline.
Further information and instructions about submissions can be found
on the conference website at http://tableaux13.loria.fr.
Tutorial proposal submission deadline: March 23, 2013
Notification of acceptance of tutorials: April 5, 2013
Abstract submission deadline: April 8, 2013
Paper submission deadline: April 15, 2013
Notification of paper decisions: June 1, 2013
Camera-ready papers due: June 14, 2013
Conference: September 16-19, 2013
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
Workshop proposals on specialised subjects in the range of the conference
topics are welcome. We can accept up to 3 proposals. They can focus on
specialized or broader areas and also on theoretical and/or applied
The format of a workshop is left to the organizers but typically TABLEAUX
workshops feature invited speakers and a number of contributed
and the intended schedule is for one-day workshops.
The date for TABLEAUX workshops is Monday 16th September, 2013.
Proposals should include:
- Workshop title
- Names and affiliations of the organizers
- Brief scientific description of the aims and scopes of the
an emphasis on the relevance for the Tableaux community.
- Presentation of the proposed format and agenda.
- Procedure for selecting papers and possibly participants. .
- Expected number of participants and the potential invited speakers.
- Plans for dissemination (for example, special issues of journals).
To submit a workshop proposal, please send a description (up to 3 pages)
to the PC chairs by February 22, 2013.
The proposals will be reviewed by the members of the PC committee.
Carlos Areces, National University of Córdoba, Argentina
Arnon Avron, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Matthias Baaz, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria
Philippe Balbiani, IRIT - CNRS, Toulouse, France
Marta Cialdea Mayer, University Roma Tre, Roma, Italy
Amy Felty, University of Ottawa, Canada
Ulrich Furbach, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
Didier Galmiche, LORIA - Lorraine University, Nancy, France (Chair)
Valentin Goranko, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Rajeev Gore, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Reiner Hähnle, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
Dominique Larchey-Wendling, LORIA - CNRS, Nancy, France (Chair)
George Metcalfe, University of Bern, Switzerland
Dale Miller, INRIA Saclay - LIX, Palaiseau, France
Neil Murray, State University of New York, United States of America
Nicola Olivetti, University of Marseille, France
Jens Otten, University of Potsdam, Germany
Lawrence C Paulson, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Nicolas Peltier, LIG - CNRS, Grenoble, France
Renate Schmidt, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Alex Simpson, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Viorica Sofronie-Stokkermans, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
Luca Vigano, University of Verona, Italy
Arild Waaler, University of Oslo, Norway
CONFERENCE and PC CHAIRS
Didier Galmiche, LORIA - Lorraine University, Nancy, France
Dominique Larchey-Wendling, LORIA - CNRS, Nancy, France