International Workshop on Body Area Sensor Networks (BASNet-2013)
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Workshop on Body Area Sensor Networks (BASNet-2013) provides an international forum on the latest technologies and research in the field of Body Area Networks (BANs). BASNet 2013 will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (25-28 June 2013) in conjunction with the 4th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks, and Technologies (ANT-2013).
Workshop Website: www.cs.dal.ca/~zkhan/BASNet-2013/
The workshop provides a
multi-disciplinary collaborative forum for researchers and practitioners to
submit papers with novel ideas, innovative solutions, and research results
related to the field of the Body Area Sensor Networks. The workshop also
invites researchers to submit original work on sensors communication in Body
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
· Wearable and implantable sensors
· Bio-sensors communication
· Sensors communication in Body Area Networks
· Body Area Networks in Hospital environment
· Body Area Networks for Medical Applications
· Routing Layer protocols for Body Area Networks
· MAC Layer protocols for Body Area Networks
· Cross layer routing protocols for Body Area Networks
· Body Area Networks and cloud computing
· RFID tags for Body Area Networks
· Security protocols for Body Area Networks
· Body Area Networks used for patient health monitoring
· Submission due: 18 December, 2012.
· Notification of acceptance: 8 February, 2013.
· Camera-ready due: 5 March, 2013.
· Workshop: 25-28 June, 2013.
SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the ANT-2013 proceedings, which will be published by Elsevier. The authors must follow Elsevier guidelines as given in ANT-2013 website (http://cs-conferences.acadiau.ca/ant-13/). The number of pages for workshop papers is limited to 6 pages. Authors should submit their contributions electronically in PDF format at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=basnet2013.
The submission processes will be managed by easychair.org. If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to register for an account by clicking "I have no EasyChair account" button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date.
All BASNet workshop accepted papers will be printed in conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series (on-line and CD). Procedia Computer Sciences is hosted on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Scopus (http://www.scopus.com) and Engineering Village (Ei) (http://www.engineeringvillage.com). This includes EI Compendex (http://www.ei.org/compendex). All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).
The selective outstanding papers presented at the workshop, after further revision, will be considered for publication in journals special issues at ANT'13.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
· Bill Robertson, Dalhousie University (Canada)
· William Phillips, Dalhousie University (Canada)
· Shyamala Sivakumar, Saint Mary's University (Canada)
· Umar Qasim, University of Alberta (Canada)
· Nadeem Javaid, COMSATS Institute of IT (Pakistan)
· Mohammad Nisar, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
· Abidalrehman Moh'd, Dalhousie University (Canada)
· Musfiq Rehman, Dalhousie University (Canada)
· Zahoor Khan, Dalhousie University (Canada)
· Saad Qaiser, NUST (Pakistan)
If you have
any further questions please send email to basnet.workshop@xxxxxxxxx.