[Please circulate this call among your colleagues. Apologies for multiple copies]
A Tenure Track Research position available
Embedded System Research Unit
Center for Information and Communication Technology
Fondazione Bruno Kessler - Trento, Italy
Deadline: 19 August 2012
The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) center for ICT focuses research on key areas of information technology with the aim to provide a practical and experimental evidence of its added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. FBK ICT research activities focus on three main areas: Engineering, Content and Interaction.
The FBK center for ICT is organized in Research Units. The teams are international and include senior and young researchers, PostDocs, PhD students, project managers, system architects and programmers coming from different countries. Research Units are strongly encouraged towards collaborations and projects that can exploit synergies among different competences.
The Embedded Systems Research Unit (ES) carries out research, tool development and technology transfer in the fields of design and verification of embedded systems. More information about the ES unit: available at http://es.fbk.eu/
The FBK center for ICT, is looking for a candidate to carry out research activities in the field of Automated Reasoning for the Design of Embedded and Cyber-physical systems. The successful candidate will primarily work on the development of efficient algorithms and tools for the design and verification of complex embedded systems.
- Applicants should have a PhD degree related to Computer Science and/or Software Engineering
- Relevant experience in development of automated reasoning and verification tools
- Competences in modeling and verification of complex systems
- Solid background in automated reasoning, mathematical logic, formal verification, models of computation, software and systems engineering
- Skills in programming, testing, profiling, maintenance of large software systems
- Ability to work in funded research projects
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
Applications and Inquiries:
To apply online, please send your detailed CV (.pdf format) including a list of publications, statement of research interests and names of at least 2 referees. Please send your CV with permission of the Personal data Protection Code, Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 June 2003.
Applications must be sent to <jobs[at]fbk[dot]eu>.
Emails should have the following reference code TenureTrackICT_2012ES
Application deadline: 19 August 2012
For more info: http://risorseumane.fbk.eu/it/node/234