[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] [ACM-BCB 2012] Travel Grants
ACM BCB 2012 has several travel grants for graduate students to attend ACM BCB. Applicants are asked to submit an application package to be considered for these travel grants. The event is aimed at doctoral students who have passed the candidacy examination at their respective US universities and are making good progress towards their doctoral studies. A committee consisting of the members of the ACM BCB steering committee will evaluate the applications and select the travel grant recipients.
Here is a list of criteria that will be considered in the selection process:
· Originality, significance, and quality of dissertation research summarized in the student abstract.
· Special consideration will be given to doctoral students who are authors of papers, posters, accepted for presentation at the ACM-BCB main conference or one of the workshops.
· Special consideration will be given to women and underrepresented minorities.
All student travel awardees will be required to register for the conference, participate in the PHD Forum (to be held on the last day of the conference) and stay at the conference hotel. The total amount of the travel grant is limited to $1200 (including registration, hotel cost, travel, meals).
Application Process: The following will be requested as part of the application
· Student's vita.
· Statement of research activity/interest. This will include
o brief description of research interests
o potential impact of the conference on students research
· Support letter from the student's adviser.
o Confirmation of good standing in the degree program;
o Potential benefit to the student.
o Availability of funds from other sources.
Applications should be submitted to sanjayranka@xxxxxxxxx with a subject heading: ACM BCB 2013 Travel Grant. All of the above information should be in a single pdf file called FirstnameLastname.pdf. Completed applications from the students must be received by email by August 5, 2012 to ensure full consideration.
Recipients will be required to accept or reject the award by August 15, 2012.