[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] GAMES 2012 -- Call for contributions --
[We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this message]
GAMES 2012 - CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
Annual Workshop of the ESF Networking Programme on
Games for Design and Verification
7th - 12th September 2012 - Napoli, Italy
The ESF Networking Programme on Games for Design and Verification is a
European Network pursuing research and training on the design and
verification of computing systems. This network proposes a research
and training programme for the design and verification of computing
systems, using a methodological framework that is based on the
interplay of finite and infinite games, mathematical logic and
automata theory. For details, see www.games.rwth-aachen.de/
GAMES is the annual workshop of the Network and this year edition is the
GAMES 2012 will be held at Universita' di Napoli Federico II, Italy.
The scope of the workshop includes the mathematical and algorithmic
analysis of finite and infinite games, the interplay of games with
automata theory and logic, and applications of games, automata, and
logic to the design and verification of computing systems.
As in previous years, GAMES 2012 will be an informal workshop, without
proceedings. Its programme consists of 10 invited talks,
contributed talks (30 min) and short presentations (15 min).
Contributed talks and short presentations will be selected by the
programme committee on the basis of submitted abstracts.
- Mikolaj Bojanczyk (Warsaw University, Poland)
- Krishnendu Chatterjee (IST Vienna, Austria)
- Thomas Colcombet (CNRS Paris, France)
- Olivier Friedman (University of Munich, Germany)
- Hugo Gimbert (CNRS, France)
- Joseph Halpern (Cornell University, USA)
- Damian Niwinsky (Warsaw University, Poland)
- Luke Ong (Oxford University, UK)
- Jean-François Raskin (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Wolfgang Thomas (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
Researchers who would like to present a talk at GAMES 2012 are invited
to submit an abstract of up to two pages by email to
by 27 June 2012.
Decisions about acceptance will be made by 17 July 2012.
Abstract submission: June 27th 2012
Author notification: July 17th 2012
Travel grant application: July 30th 2012
Regular registration: July 30th 2012
Workshop: September 7th - 12th 2012
We will be able to cover travel and accommodation costs for a limited
number of participants (especially students). For information, please
contact Aniello Murano via <esfgames2012@xxxxxxxxx>.
There will be no registration fee.
The workshop will be held at the Centro Congressi Ateneo Federico II,
Via Partenope 36, Napoli, located on a wonderful seafront promenade, close
to the historical center and the Castel dell'Ovo. The location is just in
front of the baia that hosted last America's Cup World Competition.
- Krzysztof Apt, CWI and University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Dietmar Berwanger, CNRS and ENS Cachan, France
- Erich Grädel, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Christof Löding, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Angelo Montanari, University of Udine, Italy
- Aniello Murano, Università di Napoli, Italy (Main Organizer)
- Mimmo Parente, Univerità di Salerno, Italy
- Sven Shewe, University of Liverpool, UK
- Igor Walukiewicz, Université Bordeaux 1, France
GandALF 2012 - Third International Symposium on Games, Automata, Logics,
and Formal Verification - www.gandalf.unina.it/ - September 6th-8th, 2012
Please visit the workshop website (http://www.games.unina.it) for more