Call for Papers:
SOSE 2013: The 7th IEEE International Symposium on Service Oriented
March 25 - March 28, 2013, Hotel Sofitel, San Francisco Bay, USA.
Scope and Visions
SOSE is originated from 2005. SOSE is one of the pioneering symposia
devoted to the research in engineering service-oriented systems, from the
architecture and computing paradigm to the development
and management. Service-Oriented Computing (SOC) exploits services as
the fundamental elements for developing computer-based systems.
foundation perspective, SOC has become the most
important discipline in the modern services industry. SOC promotes the
fundamental changes to system architecture,especially changing the way
software systems are being analyzed, architected, designed, implemented,
tested, evaluated, delivered, consumed, maintained and evolved.
Recently, Cloud Computing emerges as a popular service delivery
paradigm and further expands the scope of SOC to include new subjects
such as Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure
as a Service, Testing as a Service, Management as a Service and Thing
as a Service. Service Engineering for Cloud Computing brings new challenges
as well as opportunities to SOSE and becomes the theme of
the 7th symposium.
Continuing the tradition of the last six SOSE Symposia, the 7th SOSE
intends to provide a forum
for researchers and practitioners to exchange
latest observations, insights, achievements and visions in the
Service-Oriented System Engineering.
Particularly, SOSE 2013 invites original submissions in all the areas
of the system engineering and software engineering methods,techniques,
tools, applications, and experiments for software services.
A. Regular Research Papers
The topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
Track I: Service-Oriented System Engineering
- Business process integration and management
- Operation and governance for large-scale service-oriented systems
(such as data centers)
- Modernization, migration, and servicetization of legacy systems
- Mobility of services in complex network environments and
- Modeling and simulation of
- Adaptation, control and optimization in service-oriented systems
- Social and collaborative engineering of services systems
- Service interoperability, composibility, quality, reliability,
mobility, scalability, elasticity, and
security service-oriented engineering of the emergent systems, such as
the Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS) clouds, Platform as a Service (PaaS) clouds, Internet of Things,
Cyber-Physical Systems, and Social Networking Systems.
Track II. Service-Oriented Software Engineering
- Model-driven development of service-oriented systems
- Multi-tenant architecture, configurable architecture
- Requirement and design modeling of services and systems
- Specifications of services and systems
- Semantic services and semantic-enabled service engineering
- Dynamic service delivery, deployment and evolution
- End-user development and
mashup of software services
- Lifecycle models, reusability, and scalability for software services
- Metrics and measurement of services, QoS, and QoE
- Runtime verification, validation, monitoring, testing on-the-fly and
- Service oriented architecture, analysis, modeling, design, validation,
QoS, and evaluation for
Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and mobile services
B. Industry Practice/Case Study Papers
SOSE 2013 encourages papers report industry practice, case studies,empirical
research and practical experiences in service engineering are invited.
The topics include, but not limited to the following:
- Enterprise business architecture and solution frameworks
- Platforms and tools for system and software engineering
- Case studies, experiments and evaluation of service-oriented system
Innovative service applications and experiences
C. Survey and Emerging Subjects Tutorial Papers
In addition to regular research paper and industry practice/case study
SOSE 2013 will also invite some tutorial papers, which review the
state-of-the-art of the
research on services engineering as well as the related emerging
paradigms and technologies.
These papers should summarize the recent research advance in service
engineering from different perspectives, identify the open issues and future trends
and challenges in the field. SOSE 2013 also
encourages discussion papers which target at the visions on future
related issues, including the emerging paradigms, technologies and applications.
The topics include, but not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical and technical foundation of
- Methodology and engineering principles of service-oriented systems
- Testing, verification, validation and quality assurance in the
development of service-oriented systems
- Construction, deployment, operation and maintenance of service-oriented systems
- Measurements and metrics of QoS in SOA-based application systems
- Governance and policies in service-oriented software development
- Engineering techniques and tools to support the publishing,
discovery and composition of services
- Architectural and detail designs of services and code generation of
Submission Deadline: 10/15/2012
Review Notification: 12/31/2012
Camera Ready and registration Deadline: 01/15/2013
Conference : 03/25-28/2013
Format: Please submit papers in PDF format through the
SOSE web site.
Page Limit: The page limits and evaluation criteria for three
different types of papers are given below.
- Research Paper: 12 pages
They will be evaluated by the relevance, significance, originality,
clarity, and technical merit.
- Industrial Practice/Case Study Paper: 6 pages
They will be evaluated by the relevance, clarity, and value to the
- Survey-based Tutorial Papers: 12 pages
They will be evaluated by the coverage of the literature, relevance,
soundness, technical validity,
insightful discussion, timeliness,
well-structuredness and clarity.
All accepted papers will be included in the symposium proceedings,
which will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press and
included in the IEEE Digital Library.
At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the symposium
to present the work.
Journal Special Issue:
We plan to publish a special journal issue for the extended and
revised versions of selected best
papers presented at the SOSE 2013 Symposium.
Best Paper Award: One paper will be given the SOSE 2013 Best Paper
Award at the conference
Steering Committee Chair
Wei-Tek Tsai, Arizona State University, USA
Jerry Gao, San Jose State University, CA, USA
University of Bamberg, Germany
Hong Zhu, Oxford Brookes University, UK
Gang Huang, Peking University, China
Jorge L. Sanz, IBM, USA