You are kindly invited to participate and to submit an Abstract or Paper to the forthcoming Conference titled:
2nd Stochastic Modeling Techniques and Data Analysis International Conference (SMTDA) 5-8 June 2012 (submission deadline 30 March).
* If you already have submitted your contribution ignore this message.
The forthcoming International
Conference SMTDA2012 will take place in Chania Crete
The Stochastic Modeling Techniques and Data Analysis International Conference (SMTDA) main objective is to welcome papers, both theoretical or practical, presenting new techniques and methodologies in the broad area of stochastic modeling and data analysis. An objective is to use the methods proposed for solving real life problems by analyzing the relevant data. Also, the use of recent advances in different fields will be promoted such as for example, new optimization and statistical methods, data warehouse, data mining and knowledge systems, computing-aided decision supports and neural computing.
Particular attention will be given to interesting applications in engineering, productions and services (maintenance, reliability, planning and control, quality control, finance, insurance, management and administration, inventory and logistics, marketing, environment, human resources, biotechnology, medicine, ...).
Special sessions and workshops are devoted to demography and related models and applications (see at http://www.smtda.net/demographics2012.html )
The publications of the conference include:
1. The Book of Abstracts in Electronic and in Paper form
2. Electronic Proceedings in CD and in the web in a permanent website
3. Publications in International Journals and in Book series
On behalf of the Conference Committee
Prof. Christos H Skiadas,
Publications from SMTDA2012 Conference papers
We plan to continue the tradition from the previous conferences in the field of stochastic modeling and data analysis which we have organized in Chania and to include the best papers in Special Issues of Scientific Journals or in Books.
Publications in Books from Previous Conferences which we have organized in Chania on Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis.
1. Janssen, J. and Skiadas, C. H. (Eds): Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, Vol. I and II, World Scientific, 1993, 1139 pages.
2. Janssen, J., Skiadas, C. H. and Zopounidis, C. (Eds): Advances in Stochastic Modelling and Data Analysis, Kluwer, 1995 (now at Springer).
3. Skiadas, C. H. (Ed): Recent Advances in Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis, World Scientific, 2007.
4. Skiadas, C. H. (Ed): Advances in Data Analysis: Theory and
Applications to Reliability and Inference, Data Mining, Bioinformatics,
Lifetime Data, and Neural Networks, Springer/Birkhauser,
Special Issues in Scientific Journals:
1. Special Issue of Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, vol. 11, No 1, Wiley 1995, devoted to 6th ASMDA1993 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
2. Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 12th ASMDA2007 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
3. Special Issue of Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, Volume 39 Issue 3, 2010 Taylor & Francis devoted to 12th ASMDA2007 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
4. Special Issue of Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, Volume 40 Issue 16, 2011 Taylor & Francis devoted to 13th ASMDA2009 (G. Saporta and C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editors).
5. Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 13th ASMDA2009 (R. Manca, C. H. Skiadas and M. Valderrama, Guest-Editors, forthcoming).
6. Special Issue of
Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods,
The general topics and the special sessions proposed for the Conference include but are not limited to:
• Poisson, Markov, semi-Markov processes,
• Point processes,
• Martingales, Stochastic calculus,
• Random evolutions,
• Decision and Controlled Processes,
• Diffusion and Poisson approximations,
• Asymptotic models and Weak Convergences,
• Statistical inference for Stochastic processes ,
• Hidden Markov and semi-Markov processes,
• Fitting models for data,
• Reliability and survival analysis,
• Bayesian inference,
• Functional data analysis,
• Discriminant and Regression Analysis,
• Mixture model and Probabilistic approach to Clustering,
• Analysis of complex data (incomplete, censored, missing, spatio-temporal, imprecise, fuzzy,...),
• Theories of uncertainty,
• Graphical models and Bayesian networks,
• Multidimensional Scaling and Multi-way Data Analysis,
• Sensory Analysis,
• Classification and Documentation,
• Data and Text Mining,
• Chaotic and Stochastic processes,
• Analysis of Chaotic processes.
Special techniques and algorithms:
• Neural Networks,
• Genetic and Fuzzy Algorithms,
• Support Vector Machine,
• Chaotic Simulation.
The Conference includes five types of presentations
• Key Note Speakers on the main topics of the Symposium selected by the Scientific Program Committee;
• Contributed papers proposed by authors;
• Poster presentations;
• Special Sessions proposed;
• Workshops proposed
If you don't like to receive messages regarding the CHAOS2009 Conference, please click here: Remove