[PVS] Fwd: IEEE Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011): Call forDemos (deadline, July 25)

Apologies, if you received multiple copies

------------------------------------------------------------------------ UCC 2011: Call for Research/Product Demos ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 2011/4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011) December 5-8, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. http://www.cloudbus.org/ucc2011 We invite research demonstrations from laboratories or research groups (academic, government, or industrial) to showcase new innovations and technologies in Cloud Computing and HPC/scientific applications at the UCC 2011 conference. UCC is a prime venue to meet with and showcase innovative solutions to the leading and well-recognized International visitors in Cloud computing. Although we are looking for demos on the emerging Cloud Computing and GPU-based computing areas, we welcome demos from all areas within the scope of UCC 2011. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: - Scientific, Engineering, Commercial or e-Science Applications using Cloud Computing - Middleware - Demonstrable Open-Challenges - Resource Management - Scheduling and Load Balancing - Programming Models, Tools, and Environments - Performance Evaluation and Modeling The proposal should include: - Up to 2 page description of the demonstration, and - A short (half-page) description of the research lab/team, separate from the proposal. Accepted research demonstrations will be invited to present in the conference. These abstracts will not be included in the conference proceedings, but will be published on the conference website. Live demos are expected to be up and running during the Research Demonstration Session. We strongly discourage recorded presentations. In addition, authors of accepted demonstrations are expected to communicate more general information about the specific demo and other work being performed at their labs using their own posters (poster boards are provided). We will be providing wireless Internet access ONLY. This means, the hardware (compute and data resources) and software needed for the demo should reside either in public Clouds such as Amazon or private infrastructure of research labs/enterprises. A Best Research Demo Award will be presented to the winning demo/team selected by the award committee at the UCC 2011 conference. Please submit a pdf version of the proposal to: spandey@csse.unimelb.edu.au by the due date. Demo Co-ordinators -------------------- Suraj Pandey, University of Melbourne Important Dates -------------------- Proposal Due: 25 July, 2011 Notification of Acceptance: 30 August, 2011 Registration ------------- All participants are required to register for the conference. The registration fee includes all the sessions (including the demo session), tutorials, proceedings and a banquet ticket.