[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] Call for Participation: FMCAD 2010
- To: "acl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <acl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "agents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <agents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "agents@xxxxxxxxxxx"<agents@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ai@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "aiia@xxxxxxxxxxx" <aiia@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "announcements@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<announcements@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "arw-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<arw-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "asl@xxxxxxxxxx" <asl@xxxxxxxxxx>, "calculemus-ig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calculemus-ig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "cl-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cl-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "clean-list@xxxxxxxxx"<clean-list@xxxxxxxxx>, "cl-stud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cl-stud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "concurrency@xxxxxx" <concurrency@xxxxxx>, "coq-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<coq-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "dl@xxxxxxxxx" <dl@xxxxxxxxx>, "elsnet-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <elsnet-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, "elsnet-list@xxxxxxxxx"<elsnet-list@xxxxxxxxx>, "finite-model-theory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<finite-model-theory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "finite-model-theory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<finite-model-theory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fmcad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<fmcad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fm-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxx"<fm-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fm-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fm-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fom@xxxxxxxxxx" <fom@xxxxxxxxxx>, "haskell@xxxxxxxxxxx" <haskell@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "hol-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hol-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "img@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <img@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "isabelle-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx"<isabelle-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "kgs-list@xxxxxxxx" <kgs-list@xxxxxxxx>, "ki-inf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ki-inf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "kr@xxxxxx" <kr@xxxxxx>, "laas-dependability-announce@xxxxxxx"<laas-dependability-announce@xxxxxxx>, "lfcs-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lfcs-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "loco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<loco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "logic-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<logic-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "logic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<logic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "logic-list@xxxxxxxxxxx" <logic-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "loginf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <loginf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "math.logik@xxxxxxx" <math.logik@xxxxxxx>, "metaprl@xxxxxxxxxxx"<metaprl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "mizar-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<mizar-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "mowgli-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx"<mowgli-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "newsletter@xxxxxxxxxx" <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxx>, "om-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <om-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "omdoc@xxxxxxxxxxx"<omdoc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "petrinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<petrinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "plt-scheme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<plt-scheme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "prog-lang@xxxxxxx" <prog-lang@xxxxxxx>, "puml-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <puml-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "pvs@xxxxxxxxxxx"<pvs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "relmics-l@xxxxxxxxxxx" <relmics-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "rewriting@xxxxxxxxxxx" <rewriting@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "senseval-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<senseval-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sig-charme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sig-charme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sigparse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sigparse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "synalp@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <synalp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "theorem-provers@xxxxxxxxxx"<theorem-provers@xxxxxxxxxx>, "theory-a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<theory-a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "theory-logic@xxxxxxxxxx"<theory-logic@xxxxxxxxxx>, "theorynt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<theorynt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "twelf-list@xxxxxxxxx" <twelf-list@xxxxxxxxx>, "types-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<types-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vdm-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vdm-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "w3c-math-wg@xxxxxx"<w3c-math-wg@xxxxxx>, "zforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <zforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "richmodels-all@xxxxxxx" <richmodels-all@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PVS] Call for Participation: FMCAD 2010
- From: "natasha.sharygina@xxxxxx" <natasha.sharygina@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:01:21 +0200
- Accept-Language: en-US, it-CH
- acceptlanguage: en-US, it-CH
- Cc: "smt-lib@xxxxxxxxxx" <smt-lib@xxxxxxxxxx>, "nusmv-users@xxxxxxxxxxx" <nusmv-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "sarit-news@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sarit-news@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "208professoriINF@xxxxxx" <208professoriINF@xxxxxx>, "ecoop-info@xxxxxxxxx" <ecoop-info@xxxxxxxxx>, "infosec-faculty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <infosec-faculty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "albino.zgraggen@xxxxxx" <albino.zgraggen@xxxxxx>, "piero.martinoli@xxxxxx" <piero.martinoli@xxxxxx>
- List-Archive: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/private/pvs>
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Id: PVS <pvs.csl.sri.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/listinfo/pvs>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/listinfo/pvs>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: pvs-bounces+archive=csl.sri.com@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-Index: AQHLPP4Gkb9oyWFtvEOwvbLsOHpX4Q==
- Thread-Topic: Call for Participation: FMCAD 2010
[apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The 10th International Conference on FORMAL METHODS IN COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN
October 20-23, 2010, Lugano, Switzerland
The 10th Anniversary Edition of the **International Conference on Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design** will be held in Lugano, Switzerland, 20-23 October 2010.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year in the history-laden jewel of the Italian Switzerland, the FMCAD conference has become one of the world's premier Computer-Aided Design venues. FMCAD provides a leading forum to researchers in academia and industry for presenting and discussing groundbreaking methods, technologies, theoretical results, and tools for reasoning formally about computing systems. FMCAD covers formal aspects of computer-aided system design including verification, specification, synthesis, and testing. FMCAD 2010 will present two keynote addresses by prominent speakers and a selection of 32 technical research and industrial papers. The event will also feature the Alpine Verification Workshop and a number of an in-depth tutorials.
* Joseph Sifakis, Director of CNRS/Verimag, 2007 Turing Award Winner
"Embedded Systems Design Scientific Challenges and Work Directions"
(October 21, 2010)
* Viresh Paruthi, IBM Austin, USA
"Large-scale Formal Application: From Fiction to Fact"
(October 23, 2010)
T1: "Dimensions in Program Synthesis" by Sumit Gulwani, Microsoft Research
T2: "Invariant Generation" by Kenneth L. McMillan, Cadence Design Systems
T3: "Verification of the VIA (Centaur) Nano Microprocessor using the ACL2 Theorem-Proving System"
by Warren Hunt, UT Austin
T4: "Post Silicon Verification" by Jin Yang, Intel
For further details see <http://fmcad10.iaik.tugraz.at/FMCAD10_program.pdf>.
The conference will take place on the campus of the University of Lugano (USI), which is located in Lugano, Ticino region (Switzerland). It will be hosted by the Formal Verification and Security Group <http://www.verify.inf.unisi.ch/> of the USI Informatics Department <http://www.inf.usi.ch/>.
Lying at the heart of Europe, Switzerland is at the crossroads of major economic, financial and touristic routes, flowing to and from its bordering nations: Italy, France, Germany and Austria.
Ticino is the Swiss region south of the Alps which connects Northern and Southern Europe. It includes Canton Ticino and four valleys of Canton Grigioni (Mesolcina, Calanca, Bregaglia and Poschiavo) and its language is Italian. Very active in the tourism sector, Ticino plays an important role as a bridge between Middle-European and Mediterranean cultures. With an average of over 2300 hours per year of sunny weather, Ticino benefits from mild winters and Mediterranean summers. It has the richest vegetation in Switzerland and it is famous for its contrasts: the imposing peaks, eternal snows and glaciers of San Gottardo are only a few kilometres away from charming little lakeside towns. Additionally, Ticino offers a rich selection of cultural events, and tasty local and international cuisine.
Lugano (56,000 inhabitants) is the largest city in the Canton and the third financial centre in Switzerland. Other important towns in the region are Bellinzona, which is the region capital and it is also well known for its three medieval castles which are Unesco protected cultural sites, Locarno, Mendrisio and Chiasso. Lugano is located in the south of Switzerland and lies on Lake Lugano. The town's thriving economy provides an estimated 38,000 jobs, over a third of which are occupied by cross-border commuters. Business, tourism and finance constitute the backbone of the local economy. The city is Switzerland's third largest banking centre after Zurich and Geneva. Lugano is one of the most popular touristic destinations in Switzerland. Both Lake Lugano and the surrounding mountains provide a wide variety of outdoor activities. Lugano is also home to a number of historic buildings and museums.
For further details see <http://fmcad10.iaik.tugraz.at/getting.html>.
The registration is open now at <http://www.regonline.com/register/checkin.aspx?EventId=884125>.
A list of recommended hotels with preferential rates is available at <http://fmcad10.iaik.tugraz.at/hotels.html>. Note that the early registration discount are only available until **23rd of September 2010**.
Roderick Bloem, Graz University of Technology, Austria
Natasha Sharygina, University of Lugano, Switzerland
Industrial Track Chairs:
Cindy Eisner, IBM Haifa Research Labs
Wolfgang Ecker, Infineon
Helmut Veith, TU Wien
Tom Melham, University of Oxford, UK
Hana Chockler, IBM Haifa Research Labs
We all look forward to welcoming you at the 10th anniversary edition
of FMCAD in Lugano!
-The FMCAD 2010 Organization Committee-