[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] [qest-announce] CFP: 19th Euromicro PDP *** Deadlineextension by 2 weeks ***
CALL FOR PAPERS
19th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and
Grecian Bay Hotel, Ayia Napa, Cyprus, February 9-11 2011
Paper submission: August 1st, 2010 (EXTENDED)
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone
impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications
have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies such as telecommunications and multimedia. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community.
The PDP 2010 aims to provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level. Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
* Distributed Systems: Distributed databases, distributed object-oriented systems, distributed operating systems, heterogeneous distributed systems, distributed algorithms, distributed shared memory systems
* Network-based Computing: Web computing, cluster computing, cloud computing, computational grids, data grids, semantic grid, mobile agents, distributed web services, security in distributed systems
* Parallel Computer Systems: massively parallel machines, interconnection networks, embedded parallel and distributed systems, fault-tolerance, memory organization, support for parallel I/O, multi/many core systems, GPU and FPGA based parallel systems
* Models and Tools for Parallel Programming Environments: performance prediction and analysis, simulation, knowledge-based parallel program development, visualization tools
* Advanced Applications: multi-disciplinary applications, parallel databases, computations over irregular domains, numerical applications with multi-level parallelism, real time distributed applications, distributed business applications
* Languages, Compilers and Runtime Support Systems: task and data parallel languages, functional and logic languages, object-oriented languages, dependability issues, scheduling and load balancing, task and object migration
The following special sessions will be organized within the conference:
* Next Generation of Web Computing, chair Konrad Klockner
* Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization of Peer-to-peer environments, chair Julien Bourgeois
* New Topics in Parallel Computing in Optimization, chair Didier El Baz
* Grid, Parallel and Distributed Bioinformatics Applications, chairs Ivan Merelli and Daniel D'Agostino
* Grid and High Performance Computing for Nuclear Fusion Applications, chair Rainer Stotzka and Jan Westerholm
* On-chip Parallel and Network-based Systems, chairs Hamid Sarbazi-Azad and Nader Bagherzadeh
* Virtualisation in Distributed Systems, chair Thierry Delaitre
* Security in Networked and Distributed Systems (SNDS 2011) chair Igor Kotenko
Papers can be submitted either to conference main track or to one of these Special Sessions. All accepted papers will be included in the same volume, published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
Deadline for paper submission: August 1st, 2010 (EXTENDED)
Acceptance notification: October 4th, 2010
Camera ready paper due: October 29th, 2009
Conference: February 9-11th, 2011
PDP 2011 will take place at Grecian Bay Hotel, Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 5000 words in length and including a 150-200 word abstract. To facilitate an anonymous reviewing process, the first page of the paper should contain only the title and abstract; moreover, the names of the authors of the paper must not appear in citations in the reference section.
Yiannis Cotronis, University of Athens
George Angelos Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus
Marco Danelutto, University of Pisa
This is not SPAM. If you want to be removed from this list,
please send an email to [email@example.com] with the
single word 'remove' in the subject of the email.
qest-announce mailing list