[PVS] I: Deadline Extension: Collaboration tools for Preservationof Environment and Cultural Heritage ( COPECH 2010) IEEEWETICE2010 June 28-30, 2010 Larissa, Greece

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this emails]

===================Extended deadline for submission: 14 March, 2010 =============

CALL FOR PAPERS

---------------------

We are pleased to announce you COPECH (Collaboration tools for Preservation of Environment and Cultural Heritage), the 1st International Workshop located in WETICE2010 the 19th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises  that will be held in June 28-30, 2010 at the T.E.I. of Larissa, Greece.

COPECH aims to bring together researchers who are currently developing new techniques, emerging communication paradigms, communication platforms and collaborative paradigm or new features of a traditional one about Preservation of Environment and Cultural Heritage. And to foster interaction, to provide a forum for presenting new ideas and work in progress, and to enable newcomers to learn about current activities in this area.

Workshop Topics

-Smart Environments for Cultural Heritage and Cooperative Distributed Computing

-Distributed Models and Technologies for Collaboration in Cultural Heritage

-Middleware Technologies for Wireless Collaboration

-Cultural Heritage and Environment tools: Usability, Reliability, Performance Evaluation, QoS

-Monitoring Cultural Monuments And Historical Structures

-Conservation of the religious heritage

-Wireless Sensor Networks for Cultural Heritage

-Emerging sensor systems for Cultural Heritage and Environment Monitoring

-Multimedia services for Cultural Heritage

-Traditional techniques (Numerical analyses, Calculation models) and Validation criteria

-Damage assessment and Risk analysis

-Innovative materials and techniques

-Monitoring natural (earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions...) and man-made (fire, blast, impact, shock...) hazards

-Protection systems against catastrophic actions

-Monitoring of old bridges

-Study cases

Important Dates

Submission Deadline     March 14, 2010

Decision to paper authors           April 2, 2010

Final version of accepted papers due to IEEE     April 14, 2010

COPECH - WETICE-2010                June 28 - June 30, 2010

Venue  Technological Education Institute of Larissa, Larissa, Greece

Submission Details

In line with other WETICE 2010 workshops COPECH intends to bring together researchers and practitioners to discuss the key issues, approaches, open problems, innovative applications, and trends in this research area. We encourage submissions of full papers (6-10 pages) and position papers (2-6 pages) presenting novel ideas that may lead to insightful technical discussions at the workshop.

Papers should contain original contributions not published or submitted elsewhere, and references to related state-of-the-art work. Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their views of the field at the oral presentation. Papers should follow the IEEE format, which is single spaced, two columns, 10 pt Times/Roman font. Papers should include a title, the name and affiliation of each author, an abstract of up to 150 words and no more than eight keywords. Authors should also provide contact addresses, if different from the submitting electronic address.

All submissions should be electronic (in PDF) and will be peer-reviewed by at least three program committee members. Full papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the proceedings, published by the IEEE Computer Society Press. Note that at least one author from each accepted paper should register to attend WETICE 2010 to get the paper published in the Post-conference Proceedings. Please submit your paper in PDF format by accessing the easy Chair Submission Site (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=copech01).

You can also send it by email to the Workshop chair (buttarazzi@info.uniroma2.it) if you experience problems with the easyChair Web site. If you have further questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact the workshop organizers.

Workshop Chair

Prof. Michele Angelaccio

Dept. of Computer Science and Systems

University of Roma "Tor Vergata"

angelaccio@info.uniroma2.it

Prof. Berta Buttarazzi

Dept. of Computer Science and Systems

University of Roma "Tor Vergata"

buttarazzi@info.uniroma2.it

Workshop Program Committee

- Michele Angelaccio, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy

- Berta Buttarazzi, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy

- Tao Chen, Tongji University, China

- Mario Di Francesco, University of Texas Arlington, USA

- Andrew Lindley, AIT (Austrian Institute of Technology)of Vienna, Austria

- Giuseppe Lo Re, University of Palermo, Italy

- Kenji Oguni, Keio University, Japan

- Gian Pietro Picco, University of Trento, Italy

- Ivan Pilati, Informatica Trentina, Italy

- Bohdana Stoklasová, National Library, Czech Republic

More information is available at http://www.disp.uniroma2.it/COPECH/

and http://www.cs.teilar.gr/wetice/

We hope You will accept this invitation and we look forward to working with You to make COPECH a successful event.

Thanking in advance for Your interest with our best regards,

Berta Buttarazzi and Angelaccio Michele (COPECH  co-chairs)

Berta Buttarazzi

Dipartimento di Informatica Sistemi e Produzione

Universitŕ degli Studi di Roma - Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico, 1

00133 ROMA

Italy

Ph.:       +39 06 7259 7384