[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] CP 2010: Call for Workshop Proposals
Call for Workshop Proposals
Sixteenth International Conference on Principles and Practice of
6-10 September, 2010
St. Andrews, Scotland
The CP 2010 Workshop Chair invites proposals for the Workshop Program.
CP 2010 workshops will provide an informal setting where workshop
participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific technical
topics in an atmosphere that facilitates the active exchange of
ideas. It is an opportunity to disseminate work in progress or to
promote new and emerging areas within the field of constraints. The
topics of the workshops can cover any area related to constraints and
any related cross-disciplinary areas.
All workshops will take place on 6 September, 2010 at the site of the
main conference. Workshops can be half-day or full-day. The internal
format of the workshop will be determined by the organisers of each
March 16, 2010: Proposal submission deadline
March 30, 2010: Acceptance notification
April 20, 2010: Deadline for receipt of CFP and URL for workshop web
August 16, 2010: Deadline for workshop working notes
September 6, 2010: CP 2010 workshops
Proposals for workshops should contain the following information:
- The title and a brief technical description of the workshop,
specifying the goals and the technical issues it will focus on.
- A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A list of tentatively confirmed attendees, if available.
- A list of related workshops held within the last three years, if
any, and their relation to the proposed workshop.
- A list of workshops previously arranged by any members of the
proposed organising committee, if any.
- The names of the proposed organising committee. This committee
should consist of two or three people knowledgeable about the
technical issues to be addressed, preferably not coming from the same
- The name and email address of the main organiser.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Organisers
Each workshop main organiser will be responsible for:
- Producing a "Call for Papers" and a Web page for their workshop by
April 20, 2010. Please provide a web page/URL that can be linked into
the CP 2010 home page. The call must make it clear that the workshop
is open to all members of the CP community. It should also mention
that at least one author of each accepted submission must attend the
workshop, and that all workshop participants must pay the workshop
fee. Finally, it should also clearly describe the process by which
the organising committee will select the participants.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference
- Selecting submitted papers.
- Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the local
organisers and the workshop chairs.
- Providing working notes to be duplicated for the workshop (up to a
maximum of 200 pages) by August 16, 2010.
Responsibilities of the CP 2010 Organising Committee
The CP 2010 organising committee will be responsible for the following:
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- In conjunction with the organisers, determining the start and end
times of the workshop.
- Duplicating working notes as described above and distributing them
to the participants.
Submitting a Proposal
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail (in ASCII), to
the Workshop Chair.
CP'10 Workshop Chair
IIIA - CSIC