[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] PhD position on Security by Logic for Multithreaded,applications (U. Twente, Netherlands)
The research group Formal Methods and Tools at the University of
Twente (Enschede - The Netherlands) is looking for a PhD researcher (4
Security by Logic for Multithreaded applications
(vacancy number 09/124)
This project develops a uniform verification framework for the
protection of data. Key innovation on which the proposal is based is
the notion of self-composition. This gives a different view on
classical security properties, recasting them into safety properties
of a single program, and allows reuse of existing program verification
techniques. This project will demonstrate how this approach can handle
a wide range of data-related security properties, such as
confidentiality, integrity and anonymity, in a uniform way, allowing
easier comparison. To make the framework usable for realistic
applications, which interact with their environment, we concentrate on
multithreaded applications, and properties that specify complete
executions of an application. Model checking will be the targeted
program verification technique.
For more information about the project, see:
An enthusiastic PhD student with an MSc degree in Computer Science (or
an equivalent qualification). The candidate should have a thorough
theoretical background, and a demonstrable interest in program
verification and security.
We are looking for a researcher with an independent mind who is willing
to cooperate in our team. It is understood that he or she works on the
topics listed above. As a research outcome we expect publications,
(prototype) tools, and a PhD thesis.
Starting date of the position: as soon as possible, and in any case
before 1st of January, 2010.
- A PhD position for four years (38 hrs/week)
- A stimulating scientific environment
- Gross salary ranging from appr. EUR 2000,= (1st yr) to EUR 2600,= (4th
yr) per month
- Holiday allowance (8%), end-of-year bonus (8.3%)
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- Good secondary conditions, in accordance with the
collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities
- A green Campus with lots of sports facilities
- FMT group: http://fmt.cs.utwente.nl/
- Dr. Marieke Huisman (marieke at cs.utwente.nl)
Please send your application by E-mail, as soon as possible but no later
than 15th of July, to Mrs. Joke Lammerink (jlammeri at cs.utwente.nl),
mentioning vacancy number 09/124, and including:
- a cover letter (explain your specific interest and qualifications);
- a full Curriculum Vitae, including a list of all courses + marks,
and a description of your MSc thesis; and
- references (contact information) of two scientific staff members.