[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] MeCBIC 2008 - Call for Papers
2nd Meeting on Membrane Computing and
Biologically Inspired Process Calculi
3-4 September 2008, Iasi, Romania
*** Submission Deadline: 29 June 2008 ***
Biological membranes play a fundamental role in the complex reactions
which take place in cells of living organisms. The importance of this role
has been considered in two different types of formalisms recently
introduced: membrane computing (P systems) and mobile ambients (brane
The MeCBIC aim is to bring together researchers working in membrane
computing and in biologically inspired process calculi (ambients, brane
calculus, etc.) to present recent research works and to discuss new ideas
concerning such formalisms, their properties and relationships. We also
celebrate 10 years of ambients and membrane systems.
Original research papers (including significant work-in-progress), as well
as surveys of current research on the relations between membrane systems
and biologically inspired process calculi are particularly welcome.
Original contributions on either membrane systems or biologically inspired
process calculi are also welcome.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Biologically inspired models and calculi
* Biologically inspired language and behaviour equivalences
* Analysis of properties of biologically inspired models and languages
* Theoretical links and comparison between different models
Deadline for submissions June 29, 2008
Notification of acceptance August 2, 2008
Revised version August 16, 2008
Workshop Sept. 3-4, 2008
Authors are invited to submit a PDF version of their papers (about 14
pages) using the web page
The submissions have to be prepared using LaTeX with ENTCS style and the
macros for MeCBIC located at http://www.entcs.org/table.html.
The proceedings of the first MeCBIC workshop have been also published in
the Elsevier ENTCS series (vol.171).
After the conference, it is planned to publish selected (and additionally
referred) papers in a special issue of a journal dedicated to MeCBIC 2008.
Past Events: The first edition of MeCBIC was held in Venice in 2006. One
of the organizers of the first MeCBIC was Nadia Busi. We are continuing
the series after the tragic loss of Nadia. The proceedings of the 1st
MeCBIC have been published as ENTCS vol.171(2).
Invited Speakers: Gheorghe Paun
Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
* Michele Bugliesi - Universit Ca' Foscari, Venice, Italy
* Luca Cardelli - Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
* Matteo Cavaliere - CoSBi, Trento, Italy
* Gabriel Ciobanu (chair) - Iasi, Romania
* Mariangiola Dezani - Universita' di Torino, Italy
* Rudolf Freund - Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Marian Gheorghe - University of Sheffield, UK
* Maciej Koutny - Newcastle University, UK
* Gheorghe Paun - Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
* Maria Vigliotti - Imperial College, London, UK
* Claudio Zandron - University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy