[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] Two PostDoc Positions in Lisbon (Comp Sci and Comp Bio)
- To: eapls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx, eacsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ipa@xxxxxxxxxx, petrinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, logic-list@xxxxxxxxxxx, prog-lang@xxxxxxx, theory-logic@xxxxxxxxxx, action-semantics@xxxxxxxx, caml-list@xxxxxxxx, formal-methods@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ifmsig@xxxxxxxxx, lfcs-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxx, papm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, prog-lang@xxxxxxxxxxx, theorem-provers@xxxxxxxxxx, ecoop-info@xxxxxxxxx, moca-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sensoria-list <sensoria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pvs@xxxxxxxxxxx, mfrias@xxxxxxxxx, seworld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, concurrency@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmanet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, esterel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rewriting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [PVS] Two PostDoc Positions in Lisbon (Comp Sci and Comp Bio)
- From: Luís Caires <luis.caires@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:28:04 +0000
- List-archive: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/private/pvs>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: PVS <pvs.csl.sri.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/listinfo/pvs>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://lists.csl.sri.com/mailman/listinfo/pvs>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: pvs-bounces+archive=csl.sri.com@xxxxxxxxxxx
The Center of Informatics and Information Technology (CITI) at the
Faculty of Sciences and Technology, New University of Lisbon (FCT/UNL)
is seeking candidates for two (2) post-doctoral positions. Important
note: these are 4-5 year work contracts, not just fellowships, see
below. The positions are being opened in the context of the BIOINFO
FCT/UNL project, involving several research units at FCT/UNL.
*** DEADLINE 9 ABRIL 08 ****
(C2007-418-CITI-1b Position A)
A post-doctoral researcher interested
in the development of computational formalisms and techniques to model
and analyze biological phenomena.
The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. in computer science or a
related area, preferably with a background in formal models of
computation (e.g., process-calculi, model-checking), and interest in
applications to biology, preferably from the viewpoint of systems
biology. We may consider candidates with a Ph.D. in another subject
areas, provided that they may demonstrate a strong knowledge and
interest in (systems) biology and solid skills in computer science.
(C2007-418-CITI-1b Position B)
A post-doctoral researcher interested
in the design and analysis of algorithms for the simulation of complex
biological systems, involving the use of parallelism, concurrency, and
probabilistic non-determinism, or in the design and analysis of
algorithms for storing and searching in large scale data sets.
The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. in computer science with a
background in some of the following: design and analysis of parallel
algorithms, data structures, concurrent programming.
The work environment for both positions will be the Programming
Languages and the Parallel Processing Research Streams of the CITI.
More information about the research environment and its members may
be found at the CITI website: citi.di.fct.unl.pt.
Monthly salary is in the range of 2100 Euro/month (after taxes) ,14
Months/Year, plus the social benefits established by the portuguese
The positions are funded by the "Commitment with Science" program,
launched by the Portuguese National Foundation for Science and
Technology. The program aims to provide fixed duration work contracts
between the researchers and the host institution. More info at
A preference will be given to candidates with at least 3 years of post
doctoral research experience.
The official announcements may be found at the eracareers website,
under the reference codes listed above.
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, in pdf format
and should be sent to
CITI - Centro de Informatica e Tecnologias da Informação
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
Telephone: +351 212 948 536
Fax: +351 212 948 541
Please email me for any further questions
General Info on CITI (citi.di.fct.unl.pt)
The CITI (Centro de Informática e Tecnologias da Informação - Centre
for Informatics and Information Technologies ) is a research center
partially funded by the Portuguese National Science Foundation
(Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia) and by the Universidade Nova de
Lisboa, Faculty of Sciences and Technology (FCT/UNL), Department of
Informatics , where it is hosted since its foundation in 1997.
CITI's research team is currently composed by more that 50
researchers, with a broad coverage of classical and emergent topics
ranging from theoretical foundations to applications, one of the
largest research units in Computer Science and Informatics in