Please see below the Call for Papers for SIMA 2008. The 3rd
IEEE Workshop on Situation Management (SIMA 2008) is a one-day
workshop to be held in conjunction with MILCOM 2008, November 17-19,
2008 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA.
(apologies for duplicate postings)
Call for Papers!
4th IEEE Workshop on Situation Management – (SIMA 2008)
The SIMA 2008 Keynote will be delivered by Prof. Alok R. Chaturvedi, Director of the SEAS Project at Purdue University.
Building on the success of previous SIMA workshops, SIMA 2008
provides a unique forum for researchers in situation awareness
and management, information fusion, semantic web and
knowledge-based systems, real-time sensor networks, and
related disciplines to exchange recent results in this new
discipline and its application to a diverse range of areas
including network centric warfare, homeland security,
disaster recovery, and cyber security.
SIMA invites scientists, engineers and decision makers from
government, industry and academia to present technical papers
on their research and development results in areas of situation
management including but not limited to the following topics:
· Situation Monitoring and Awareness
· Semantic Web Technologies, Situation Modeling and Ontologies
· High-Level Information and Knowledge Fusion
· Multi-Agent Systems and Distributed Situation Management
· Net-Centric Warfare and Battlespace Management
· Homeland Security
· Disaster Response & Crisis Management
· Applications in Intelligent Transportation, Industrial and Health Care
· Infrastructure and Cyber Security
· Architectures, Case Studies, and Deployments
· Learning and Situation Discovery
· Predictive Situation Modeling and Threat Analysis
· Reasoning about Situations and Decision Management
· Event Correlation
· Autonomic and Self-Organizing Systems
· Situation Specification Languages and Tools
· Situation Management in Tactical, Ad Hoc, Sensor and Mobile Networks
Full Papers Due: 25 April 2008
Author Notification: 9 June 2008
Final Camera Ready Papers Due: 18 July 2008
Abstracts and papers should be submitted via MILCOM’s WAMS
submission system at http://www.milcom.org/CallForPapers.asp
(go to unclassified paper submission section and select “SIMA” as
Please also submit your submission directly to SIMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information see http://www.samrg.org/SIMA/2008
TPC Chair: John Buford, Avaya Labs Research
Co-TPC Chair: George Tadda, AFRL
Workshop Chair: Gabriel Jakobson, Altusys Corp.
Publicity Chair: Adam Stotz, CUBRC