[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[PVS] CP 2008 - Call for Workshops
____________________ Call for Workshop Proposals ____________________
14th International Conference
Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming
Sydney, Australia 14-18 September 2008
Int'l Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS)
Int'l Conference on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR)
Int'l Workshop on Nonmonotonic Reasoning (NMR)
____ Call for Workshops ____
The CP 2008 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop
CP 2008 workshops will provide an informal setting where workshop
participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific
technical topics in an atmosphere that facilitates the active
exchange of ideas. It is an opportunity to disseminate work in
progress or to promote new and emerging areas within the field of
constraints. The topics of the workshops can cover any area related
to constraints and any related cross-disciplinary areas. Workshops
related to planning and scheduling are especially encouraged
because of the co-location with ICAPS 2008.
All workshops will take place during 14-15 September 2008 as
pre-conference activities along tutorials and the doctoral program.
Workshops can be half-day or full-day. The internal format of the
workshop will be determined by the organisers.
____ Dates ____
Proposal submission 31 March 2008
Acceptance notification 16 April 2008
Workshop CfP and web page 1 May 2008
Publication of accepted papers 16 July 2008
Workshop working notes 23 August 2008
Workshops 14-15 Sept. 2008
____ Proposal submissions ____
Proposals for workshops should contain the following information:
- The title and a brief technical description of the workshop,
specifying the goals and the technical issues it will focus on.
- A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of
- A list of tentatively confirmed attendees, if available.
- A list of related workshops held within the last three years,
if any, and their relation to the proposed workshop.
- A list of workshops previously arranged by members of the
proposed organising committee, if any.
- The names of the proposed organising committee. This committee
should consist of two or three people knowledgeable about the
technical issues to be addressed, preferably not coming from
the same institution.
- The name and email address of the main organiser.
Each workshop main organiser will be responsible for:
- producing a "Call for Papers" and a web page for their workshop
by 1 May 2008. Please provide a web page/URL that can be linked
into the CP 2008 home page. The call must make it clear that
the workshop is open to all members of the CP community. It
should also mention that at least one author of each accepted
submission must attend the workshop. Finally, it should also
clearly describe the process by which the organising committee
will select the participants.
- providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference
- selecting submitted papers; a list of accepted papers should be
provided by 16 July 2008.
- scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the local
organisers and the workshop chairs.
- providing working notes to be duplicated for the workshop (up to
a maximum of 200 pages) by 23 August 2008.
The CP 2008 organising committee will be responsible for the
- providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- providing logistics support and a meeting place for the
- in conjunction with the organisers, determining the start and
end times of the workshop.
- duplicating working notes as described above and distributing
them to the participants.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail (in ASCII) to
the Workshop Chair:
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
jlee [at] cse.cuhk.edu.hk
(Apologies for cross posting. Please forward to interested people.)