[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Release of Maude 2.0
- To: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <PetriNets@daimi.aau.dk>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <MAUDE@LISTSERV.REDIRIS.ES>
- Subject: Release of Maude 2.0
- From: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 06:47:16 -0500 (CDT)
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: email@example.com
Apologies if you receive multiple copies:
Release of Maude 2.0
Maude is a high-performance multiparadigm language based on rewriting
logic, and contains a functional sublanguage based on equational logic.
It can be used for both programming and executable system specification
in a variety of areas such as distributed and mobile systems and
communication protocols, and functional applications. Thanks to its
reflective features it can be used as a metalanguage and is easily
extensible with powerful module composition operations as those
supported in its Full Maude extension. It can also be used as a
semantic framework to specify and prototype different languages,
concurrency calculi, and SOS specifications; and as a logical framework
to represent and mechanize different logics and proving tools.
Maude 2.0 is now available, free of charge, from the Maude web page:
which also contains a Maude 2.0 manual, various papers on Maude, and a
collection of examples. Some new features in the Maude 2.0 version
- more general conditions in conditional equations and rules.
- more efficient algorithms for rewriting modulo associativity,
associativity-identity, associativity-commutativity and
- new commands for fair rewriting and for breadth-first search.
- new predefined modules, including naturals, integers, rationals,
floats, and strings.
- a model checker to model check LTL properties of Maude modules.
- a new META-LEVEL module supporting reflective computation with
new, more powerful reflective operations.
- more powerful module operations in its Full Maude extension,
including parameterized theories and views.