Re: PVS Course Materials

Hi Sylvan.

For the past 3 of years I have been teaching a 2nd year
undergraduate course in our Software Engineering program titled:

	SFWR ENG 2F04: Applications of Mathematical Logic in Software
			Engineering

as well as a graduate course titled:

	CS 734: Formal Methods for Real-Time Systems

Both make extensive use of PVS.  There are PDF and postscript versions of
my lecture slides, assignments, midterms, exams and some solutions and PVS
dump files available on the web from my home page:

	http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~lawford

The material on the web needs to be reorganized to make it easier to
navigate so if you are having trouble finding things, please contact me.

The material includes introductory mathematical logic material and slides
to help the students understand PVS in terms of Natural Deduction proof
rules.  There are also several nice examples in the slides and assignments
of the use of PVS support for tabular methods to debug software
requirements specifications and to formally verify implementations.

LaTeX versions of most of the above materials can be provided to
interested people upon request.  I only ask that anyone who uses the
materials and examples please credits me as the source and maintains my
copyright notice.

I'd also appreciate it if people could provide suggestions for
improvements to the material and point out my mistakes.

Regards,
Mark Lawford

Dr. Mark Lawford
Assistant Professor                        Email: lawford@McMaster.ca
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTING AND SOFTWARE       Tel: 905 525 9140 Ext. 24911
Faculty of Engineering                     Fax: 905 524 0340
McMaster University,                       Office: JHE 302/C
Hamilton, Ontario  Canada L8S 4K1          http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~lawford