[PVS-Help] Startup error in 64bit Ubuntu

I'm unable to run PVS on my 64bit Ubuntu system. I'm trying to run the
prebuilt Linux binaries of version 4.2; I get the error with both the
Allegro and CMU versions. The is a complaint from Emacs, seemingly about
a Lisp problem, is attached. Below is my system information:

        $> uname -a
        Linux inspiron 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12
        04:38:19 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        $> cat /etc/issue
        Ubuntu 9.10 \n \l

        $> emacs --version
        GNU Emacs 23.1.1
        GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
        You may redistribute copies of Emacs
        under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
        For more information about these matters, see the file named
        COPYING.

jerome

allegro.err

cmu.err