Re: [PVS-Help] A representation of symbols in PVS

Aaron:

Since the type system is open-ended, there isn't a way to define
a type that is the disjoint union of all types.  You can only do this
for a fixed collection of types.  Using a type parameter gives you some
flexibility in that it can be instantiated with a newly defined
type, but even this is limited since the new type can't be recursive
in the data type.  It might be useful to discuss what you're trying to
formalize so that we can figure out a good way to achieve it.

-Shankar