Re: [PVS-Help] Error: ill-formed rule/strategy:

xiufeng liu <toxiufeng@gmail.com>, on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 at 22:38:42 +0200
you wrote:
> I have installed PVS 4.0 on Fedora 6.  When i type the any command at the end
> of rule?, I will receive the error:"ll-formed rule/strategy". But it works find
> on Fedora 4.  Would you like to tell me what the matter is? thanks

I don't know what your problem might be, but I don't think it is
necessarily related to Fedora Core 6.  I'm running PVS 4.0 on both i386
and x86_64 FC6 platforms, and have not had the problem you describe.
Did you remove or repair your .pvs.lisp file as described in the release
notes?

Incidentally, I have packaged up the Allegro build as an RPM.  If you
know how to build nosrc RPMs, get it here:

http://www.cs.usu.edu/~jerry/Projects/RPMS/pvs/

If SRI would like to host a binary RPM as a download, I'm happy to
contribute it.

I just about have the CMU Lisp build packaged as an RPM, too.  I just
have one more little glitch to fix ...

Jerry James, Assistant Professor        Jerry.James@usu.edu
Computer Science Department             http://www.cs.usu.edu/~jerry/
Utah State University