Re: [PVS-Help] Problem starting up PVS

Hi all.

It was me who has suggested the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL work-around.  Today
this work-around is not needed, so it should be removed.  I do
not know how SRI packages pvs.  The problem I have hit is described
in

http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/6.2/doc/faq/faq2-7.htm#273

A patch to allegro lisp has been supplied at

http://www.franz.com/support/patches/log/6.2/index.lhtml#update_fasl_12

However, I do not know how to apply this patch to the lisp shipped
with PVS 3.2.  I also hope that someone more knowledgable can put
a proper fix into the wiki.

For later versions of Allegro CL setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
is not necessary.  I suggest to remove my original work-around from
PVS 4.0.  I hope this clarifies the situation.

With best regards,

Marcel
--
Marcel Kyas