Re: [PVS-Help] Problem starting up PVS

Sam Owre wrote:
 > Hi Robert,
 >
 > Am I correct in assuming that you're using XEmacs?  What shell do you
 > use?

Yes, that's correct.  I use the T shell (tcsh), but I don't know that
that really matters, does it --- you are invoking bash in your script,
so that's probably the shell I know of.

http://pvs-wiki.csl.sri.com/index.php/FAQ#PVS_problems_with_Fedora_Core_5.2C_Redhat_9.2C_or_Enterprise

 > Feel free to add your own notes there, especially if you have a better
 > solution that works for all systems.

Will do if I can figure anything out.  I may not be able to post
anything useful, though.  The LD_ASSUME_KERNEL stuff is a trick to get
around a problem that happens on Fedora, but on Mandriva I don't have
this problem, even though I am running a 2.6 kernel.  So I can't find
a replacement kludge that will fix the Fedora problem!  I suppose I
could propose a conditionalization that would remove the
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL stuff unless you are on some flavor of Fedora/RedHat,
but I don't have a system like that on which to test.

I do use Allegro all the time and have never had any trouble with the
threading libraries.  I don't really understand the issue, since ACL
on Linux still uses Lisp threads instead of native threading.  Have
you contacted the Franz folks about this?

Sorry not to be of more help.
Best,
Robert