Re: [PVS-Help] TCC question

Francisco,

Note that when you write derivable[T](f), you are not declaring the type
of f, as f was defined somewhere.

For instance, when you write

sqrt_derivable_fun : LEMMA derivable[posreal](sqrt)

the type of sqrt is [nnreal -> real]. The type-checker tries to check
this type against [posreal -> real],  which is the type derivable
expects.

In some instances, PVS magically restricts the type of a function to the
type it expects. In this case sqrt : [nnreal->real] is automatically
restricted to LAMBDA(x:posreal):sqrt(x). This is the function that you
are actually passing to derivable. Use the Emacs command:
prettyprint-expanded (C-c C-q e) to see all the "invisible" coercions.

Now, in your case:

inv_sqrt_derivable_fun: LEMMA derivable[posreal](1/sqrt)

the PVS type-checker fails to compute the coercion you expect. You can
solve the problem easily by explicitly writing the restriction:

inv_sqrt_derivable_fun: LEMMA
derivable[posreal](LAMBDA(x:posreal):1/sqrt(x))

No TCC is generated in this case.

Hope that it helps,
Cesar

--