Re: [PVS-Help] pvs-3.2 on Fedora Core 4

Hi Ray,

I saw your message to John.  I think the problem is related to SELinux.
I googled for "cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission
denied" and found the following at
http://www.rsinc.com/services/techtip.asp?ttid=3092.
I hope it helps,

Regards,
Sam Owre

Article Title:	Error: cannot restore segment prot after reloc:
                       Permission denied
Article ID:	3092
Article Name:	INSTALL88
Last Updated:	8/5/2005 4:55:50 PM
Products:	IDL; ENVI
OS Platforms:	Linux-Intel

Topic:

Some Linux distributions with SELinux enabled may prevent IDL from
running under the default security context. This TechTip is a
workaround for CR#41937

Newer Linux distributions have enabled new kernel security extensions
from the SELinux project at the NSA. These extensions allow
finer-grained control over system security. However, SELinux also
changes some default system behaviors, such as shared library loading,
that can be problematic to third party programs.

If you receive the error message "cannot restore segment prot after
reloc: Permission denied" when launching IDL, then your SELinux
configuration is preventing IDL from launching.  To rectify this issue,
you can either:

Change the default security context for IDL by issuing the command:

chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/local/rsi/idl_6.1/bin/bin.linux.x86/*.so

Disabling SELinux altogether by setting the line

SELINUX=disabled

in your /etc/sysconfig/selinux file.

For more information about SELinux, please consult your Linux
distribution vendor.