Re: [PVS-Help] Undump complains about path to library

Hello Hanne,

I'm not sure I can resolve all your classroom diversity issues, but here are
some suggestions for the path problem.  PVS will try to find Field and Manip
in places where it searches for libraries.  If you don't have the environment
variable PVS_LIBRARY_PATH set when PVS is started, it will look for library
and strategy files in <path>/pvs/lib .  If everyone's setup has Manip and
Field in pvs/lib, I believe it will work all right, but haven't tested it.

To leave fewer things to chance, you can use a setup that involves setting the
environment variable.  I do it as part of a startup script:Hanne Gottliebsen
<hago@dcs.qmul.ac.uk>

#! /bin/bash
export PVS_LIBRARY_PATH=~/<lib-path>
<pvs-path>/pvs $@

(Note that PVS_LIBRARY_PATH is written with underscores, not hyphens.  Maybe
the error message was misleading.)

As far as I know, this should get you working.

Cheers,
Ben

-----

Ben Di Vito
1 South Wright Street, MS 130
NASA Langley Research Center
Hampton, VA 23681   USA

voice: +1-757-864-4883     fax: +1-757-864-4234
b.divito@nasa.gov
http://shemesh.larc.nasa.gov/people/bld