Typechecker looking for "nil" file in current context

Hello,

I have recently installed PVS and I get an error whenever I try to
typecheck. After running the typecheck command, I get the following error:

error in process filter: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
/home/mike/nil

... where /home/mike/ is my current context. After that, none of the
parsing, typechecking or proving commands will work. If I then reset
PVS, it typechecks the file once as it should but any subsequent
typechecks produce the same error. Thus I seem to have to reset PVS
everytime I want to typecheck.

I'm running PVS 3.1 on RedHat Linux 9 with GNU Emacs 21.2.1

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike Greiner