About an error

Dear PVS users:

Did anyone know the cause of the following error (When this error message showed up, there were still 1 GB free memory and 2 GB free swap space):

Error: An allocation request for 424 bytes caused tenuring and a need for 13746176 more bytes of heap. The operating system will not make the space available because of a lack of swap space or some other operating system imposed limit or memory mapping collision.
[condition type: storage-condition]

I run PVS3.0 on a machine with 2 CPU, 2 GB memory, 2 GB swap space and OS is redhat 7.3. Why did this error occur when I indeed had enough free memory and swap space? Many thanks.

Jei-Wen Teng