Re: Interpretations in PVS

Hi Maria José,

The current implementation of theory interpretations won't allow
you to map finite_sets to lists, as finite_sets is interpreted.
In the future we hope to allow such mappings.

Of course, you could create an abstract Finite_Sets theory, where
the type is uninterpreted, define the basic set operators and
build in all the finite set (and set) axioms.  You could then
show that the current finite_sets is one refinement, and
(equivalence classes of) lists is another.

Another approach would be to define a function that converts
finite sets to lists, and declare it to be a conversion.  Then
define your computable functions over lists, and when they are
given finite set arguments the conversion will be applied
automatically.

PVS 3.0 is a beta release right now - we're working hard to
produce the next release.  It will be announced on the PVS
mailing list when it's ready.

Regards,
Sam Owre