inspecting goal in strategy

I have consequent formulas looking like these:

continuous((K_conversion(a!1) + I[real]), y!1)

continuous( K_conversion(2) / (K_conversion(2) + I[real]), y!1)

-using any of +, -, * and / as combinators, and constants, identity
function and abs-function.

In a strategy I want to do different things depending on the "top" symbol
in the expression f (as in "continuous(f,y)").

Can you give me any tips as to how I might be able to do this?

I now this is in an AC environment, so we might have f = a + b + c, but is
the structure still there, and can I get at it?

Thanks,

Hanne
Hanne Gottliebsen		    Office P337
Dept. of Computer Science	    Ph: +44 1334 46 3265
University of St Andrews	    hago@dcs.st-and.ac.uk
                   - Who moved the stone?