Garbage collection

Hi,

It seems that the (time-consuming) garbage collection done by
PVS starts when the process size (in swap) get somewhat bigger
than the memory-resident part. I would like to know if there
is any way to control the thresholds that trigger the garbage
collection, for example if I have 50 extra megas available in
swap and don't mind PVS using them.
Note: I am no expert in the Lisp language or subsystem, so I
need the commands themselves, "change this or that variable"
would not be enough 8-(

Thanks,

((  MARCELO GLUSMAN - Computer Science M.Sc. student.  ))
((             --  Technion, IIT. Haifa, Israel.  --   ))
((  e-mail: marce@cs.technion.ac.il                    ))
((  Fishbach Room 303 phone: 829-4620                  ))