PVS @ Linux other than RedHat

Hi,

we tried to install pvs-2.1 on a linux system other than RedHat. In the
installation notes it is stated that

``    Note: we only specifically support Red Hat Linux (because this
      is what Allegro Lisp requires), but we've had reports that this
      version of PVS does also run under Slackware and Debian, and does not
      run on FreeBSD (without a change to the kernel)....''

Unimpressed by this warning we tried to install it on another
Linux-Distribution (more specifically we have SuSE-Linux 5.2, which is