Automating proofs

Hi,

I have been working with PVS on hardware verification proofs
and have enormous difficulty automating my proofs - the proofs
work, but they are almost entirely made of basic steps,
especially the more complicated proofs.

>From the technical reports I have found here, it seems to me that
there is a better and more automated ways of doing things. I
have found a few hints on writing strategies in the manuals and
references to a document on strategies which was not yet available.
Any pointers to documentation which might help in automating proofs
and / or writing strategies, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Tamarah Arons